We are searching for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks based out of our Burlington office (relocating to Hamilton in summer of 2017). Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for welcoming visitors, directing phone calls and other administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have past experience in an administrative or reception role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors, welcoming and directing them to the appropriate office personnel.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Responsible to open and distribute all mail, couriered items and faxes
- Forward incoming general emails to the appropriate staff member
- Provide administrative support to all office staff as required
- Match and attach receipts for Addison Tracking
- Receive and complete approval for all Credit Applications
- Accountable to maintain filing system
- Prepare all documents that are required to be mailed
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Responsible to match all Visa transactions
- Develop and maintain inventory tracking system for office supplies using Sage 300 CRE
- General data entry
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Minimum of one years’ work experience in an administrative role
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential in this role
- Able to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Competitive salary: $15 to $16 per hour (based on experience)
- Employee Group Benefits Plan, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing program
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca