We are currently searching for Rebar Installers to work at our job site. The selected rod-busters will be involved in all new concrete/cement works for the project. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ of related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions
- Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors
- Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete
- Bend steel rods with hand tools or rod-bending machines and weld them with arc-welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years’ of related experience
- Experience working in the construction industry
- Able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to read and understand blueprints, diagrams, and local and national building codes
- Competitive wages (based on experience)
- Employee Group Benefits Plan, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing program
- Provided Accommodations, Flights and Living Out Allowances
No Recruiters or Phone Calls
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca