We are searching for an Operations Manager (Dispatcher) for our BC Phillips Crane Rental division. This position will be based out of our Head Office located in Hamilton, ON. The Operations Manager will be involved in all aspects of the crane rental division, including equipment, service, and business development. Reporting directly to the Operations Coordinator of Scott Steel Erectors Inc., this position will also be responsible for management and sales, dispatching, as well as customer service. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five to ten years’ experience in a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and dispatch cranes to various project sites
- Responsible to verify and submit all crane operators’ hours of work on a weekly basis
- Maintain contact with crane operators to provide updates on sites and projects
- Responsible to receive and forward customer requirements to both operations and crane operators
- Respond to phone calls from customers and operators outside of work hours
- Accountable to collect invoices from all operators and submit to accounts receivable
- Maintain accurate and up to date service records on all cranes and equipment
- Accountable to provide regular reports to upper management on crane utilization
- Responsible for all sales development with new and current customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five to ten years’ experience in a similar role
- Business/service management experience in overhead cranes or associated field is required
- Experience in logistics and routing vehicles
- Sales skills with ability to oversee service quotations as well as follow up with new and existing customers
- Must be available after hours to answer telephone calls from customers as well as crane operators.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Willing to work overtime if needed
- Competitive wages
- Employee group benefits plan, including health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- A safe, positive work environment where you can feel comfortable going to work
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Key projects where you can contribute to building something important
- Deferred profit sharing program
No phone calls or recruiters please
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca