Scott Steel is recruiting experienced Pipefitters for one of our projects in Nova Scotia. The individuals must have Pipefitting experience in Construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, thread to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading
- Report any unsafe practices to Health and Safety
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints
- Follow precise instructions and drawings
- Utilize pressure gauges and hydrostatic testing to inspect and test installed piping systems
- Adhere and complete the preventative maintenance program
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 6 years experience as a Pipefitter in Industrial Construction environments
- Journeyman / Red Seal Certification
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada
- Competitive wages (Based on experience)
- Employee Group Benefits Plan, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing Program
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca