We are currently searching for an Apprentice Mechanic that will be responsible for the safe maintenance, certification, and repair of all company vehicles and equipment, as directed by the Head Mechanic. Please note we are moving to Hamilton Mountain in June 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular maintenance and repairs for the entire fleet of vehicles (trucks, cranes, man lifts, forklifts, vans, pick-up trucks, tilt & load) and equipment (mobile welders)
- Repair electrical equipment on machinery
- Maintain and repair small tools
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of the repair required
- Ensure all tools, vehicles, equipment, and property is secure from damage and theft
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Perform service calls, onsite repairs and fuel equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Apprenticeship through an accredited trade school or college
- Experience as an automotive mechanic is considered an asset
- Must have own tools
- Experience with system trouble shooting
- Able to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license is considered an asset
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Competitive Wages: $16 to $22 per hour (based on experience)
- Employee Group Benefits Plan, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing program
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca