We are searching for a Controller who is responsible for our company wide financial operations based out of our Hamilton office. Reporting directly to the President, the Controller is responsible for the oversight of the day to day activities of the accounting and finance team to ensure the department is organized and efficient producing accurate financial and management reports. The ideal candidate will have their CGA designation for a minimum of 3 years along with more than 10 years’ experience in a financial or accounting role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and lead the accounting and finance department.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, established regulations and rules.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting and finance department which includes the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Responsible to monitor and evaluate the performance of the department
- Accountable to create contracts for upcoming projects working closely with project managers
- Participate in and lead year-end closing and audit process with our third party accountant and external auditors
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Reconcile statements and review all invoices for accuracy
- Prepare and present monthly and year-end financial reports
- Work with external auditors in coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly and year-end operating results for each department
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree in Business/Accounting and professional designation (CGA)
- Qualified candidates must have held their CGA designation for a minimum of 3 years in good standings
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial or accounting role
- Previous experience with Sage 300 CRE is required for this role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of provincial tax legislation in Canada
- Knowledge of billing on percentage of completion in regards to various projects
- Past experience in the management of a minimum of 8 projects at once, handling all financial, accounting, and written contract components.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential in this role
- Attention to detail and accuracy of reporting and analysis is critical
- Approachable and open minded
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Employee Group Benefits Plan, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing program
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca