We are currently searching for an Apprentice Mechanic that will be responsible for assisting with the safe maintenance, certification, and repair of all company vehicles and equipment. The Assistant Mechanic will work out of our office in Hamilton, ON, reporting to the licensed Head Mechanic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular maintenance and repairs for the entire fleet of vehicles (trucks, cranes, man lifts, forklifts, vans, pick-up trucks, tilt & load) and equipment (mobile welders)
- Maintain and repair small tools
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of the repair required
- Ensure all tools, vehicles, equipment, and property is secure from damage and theft
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Perform service calls, onsite repairs and fuel equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working as a heavy duty mechanic is an asset
- Must have own tools
- Experience with system trouble shooting
- Able to work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license is mandatory
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Competitive wages (based on experience)
- Employee group benefits plan, including health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- A safe, positive work environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Deferred profit sharing program
No phone calls or recruiters please
Respond directly to this post by sending your resume to email@example.com, or fax it to (905) 631-9230.
Your resume will be given every consideration. If your skills, experience and professional goals match one of our current employment opportunities, we will contact you for further information.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all those who have applied. For more information, please visit us at www.scottsteel.ca